Monday, December 5, 2011

Gala Basket - Final Step


Here is the completed painting. I must admit that being I have not framed it I added a little bit to the painting. I kept looking at the painting and seeing some final touches that it needed. This is something that I need to start doing as often I don't see what it still needs until after it is framed. On a few occasions I've actually taken the painting out of the frame in order to make the needed additions.

As you can see I've added layers of red to the apples. I used mostly Scarlet Red, Quinacridone Red and Alizron Crimson. The apple in the front on the right gave me such a hard time. I tried to cover the green area with red and I just made mud. So I had to lift the color and add a couple more layers of the red.
I left some of the lighter areas and lifted the others.

I then added more darks to the basket. Mixing my my reds and greens to get the color I needed. I added more Paynes Gray to the cloth putting part of it in the shadow. Then I went back and added some more dark to that side of the basket.

I really enjoyed the process of this painting from setting up the still life and photographing it to putting on the finishing touches. I must say that I am pleased with the results.

If any one has any questions please feel free to ask me. You can make a comment to the post or email me at katsart01@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment