Sunday, October 30, 2011

Gala Basket - Step Three

In this step I started working on the basket. I mixed sap green with quinacridone red, a little to the green side to create the neutral base color for the basket.

I often mix complementary colors to create neutral colors or to tone down the intensity of a primary color. For instance if I'm painting a yellow rose and it has some areas that are bright and other areas that are not so intense I add a little purple to the yellow and it tones it down. I generally use fairly bright colors as I love the look of them but there is variation in the intensity of the colors or else it would have only one degree of brightness.

I also can get into trouble with mixing complementary colors which I will go into in a few steps.



In painting the basket I used some darks in the creases of the basket and then I softened them into the lighter area. I also lifted some paint where it needed to be a little lighter. I will definitely go on in my development of the values as I work more on the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment